The 2018 event featured a first floor a dedicated Sharing Knowledge Zone supported by the 2018 partner Farmers Guardian.-
Table topdisplays promoted industry initiatives, training providers and charities.
- Seminars sponsored by XL Vets featured presentations on topical subjects, including an industry panel discussing "Working with and improving the public's perception of the dairy industry".
- Careers board promoted current opportunities within the dairy industry.
There were practical demonstrations:
- Calf Rearing Zone sponsored by Volac
- Scarsdale Vets "Beneath the Black and White" calf and cow painting demonstration
- NBDC Breed Village Type Classification and linear scoring demonstrations
- Practical foot trimming, blocking and knife sharpening demonstrations by Tim Carter, David Rowe and Ema Glaze.
Companies that exhibited with a
- Addington Fund
Agri FoodTraining Partnership - IBERS, Aberystwyth University
- APHA - Animal and Plant Health Agency
- British Cattle Breeders Club
- British Grassland Society
- Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF)
- Dairy Futures
- Defra (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs – Animal Health and Disease Control)
- Environment Agency
- Farm 491
- Farm Skills
- Farm Solutions Ltd
- Harper Adams University
- Holstein UK
- HOPS Labour Solutions
- Keele University
- Milking Equipment Association (Parlour Safe)
- Myerscough College
- National Association of Cattle Foot Trimmers
- Natwest Bank
- North Shropshire College
- RAU - Royal Agricultural University
- Red Tractor Assurance
- RPA - Rural Payments Agency
- SRUC - Scotland's Rural College
- Scottish Dairy Hub
- The Princes Countryside Fund
- VMD (Veterinary Medicines Directorate)
Farmers Guardian is agriculture’s national weekly newspaper covering all sectors of the industry and all regions on the U.K.
If you have any queries or require information related to the UK Dairy Day Sharing Knowledge Zone please call 01923 695225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org